We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
29 October 2010
Bradley and Karen discuss the new license of their show, multi-platform Free Software projects and conferences Bradley attended this month.
This show was released on Friday 29 October 2010; its running time is 00:46:13.
Segment 0 (00:32)
- All recordings for the first 0x01 attempt had an annoying audio buzz. (01:18)
- The Free as in Freedom oggcast is now licensed CC-By-SA 3.0 Unported (03:10)
- Karl Fogel is Executive Director of Question Copyright. (03:35)
- Karen mentioned the Free Culture definition. (08:22)
- Larry Lessig presented to an FSF Members Meeting using Mac. (09:22)
- Bradley and Karen argued about whether or not OpenOffice.org and/or Firefox run better on non-GNU/Linux systems than on GNU/Linux. (18:00)
- Bradley and Karen argued about whether or not otherwise proprietary company control of Free Software causes problems by default. (21:10)
Segment 1 (27:00)
- Lara Moy got Ubuntu running on her Mac hardware. (27:30)
- Bradley attended the jQuery Conference Boston 2010 (28:30)
- Bradley was at the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit. (36:26)