Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).$2,499.14 of the $2,500 goal has been met.
(Progress updated weekly.)
29 October 2010
Bradley and Karen discuss the new license of their show, multi-platform Free Software projects and conferences Bradley attended this month.
This show was released on Friday 29 October 2010; its running time is 00:46:13.
Segment 0 (00:32)
- All recordings for the first 0x01 attempt had an annoying audio buzz. (01:18)
- The Free as in Freedom oggcast is now licensed CC-By-SA 3.0 Unported (03:10)
- Karl Fogel is Executive Director of Question Copyright. (03:35)
- Karen mentioned the Free Culture definition. (08:22)
- Larry Lessig presented to an FSF Members Meeting using Mac. (09:22)
- Bradley and Karen argued about whether or not OpenOffice.org and/or Firefox run better on non-GNU/Linux systems than on GNU/Linux. (18:00)
- Bradley and Karen argued about whether or not otherwise proprietary company control of Free Software causes problems by default. (21:10)
Segment 1 (27:00)
- Lara Moy got Ubuntu running on her Mac hardware. (27:30)
- Bradley attended the jQuery Conference Boston 2010 (28:30)
- Bradley was at the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit. (36:26)