We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
29 March 2011
This show was released on Tuesday 29 March 2011; its running time is 00:43:18.
Segment 1 (03:12)
- Bradley wrote a blog post about the Bionic issues that were raised. (03:44)
- On the old oggcast, Karen and Bradley discussed the Android/Linux system and Bionic specifically. (04:09)
- Karen mentioned an old oggcast where permissive vs. copyleft licensing was discussed. (06:19)
- Jake Edge wrote an LWN article that discussed Bionic (07:58)
- Bradley mentioned Raymond Nimmer's blog that started the debate (10:52)
- Bradley also mentioned Edward Naughton's blog post and paper on Bionic. (11:38)
- Raymond Nimmer is not David Nimmer, who is known for writings on copyright (18:10)
- There is now an disturbing group on identica, which is more disturbing than a tag about disturbing. (19:15)
- Joe Brockmeier did some research on Edward Naughton's ties to Microsoft. (20:05)
- Karen mentioned a paper on deep legal analysis of header files and on originality requirements in copyright (24:40)
Segment 2 (26:07)
- Karen wanted to clear up some confusion about the discussion last episode about the “Open Source” and “Free Software” terminology.