Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).
29 March 2011
This show was released on Tuesday 29 March 2011; its running time is 00:43:18.
Segment 1 (03:12)
- Bradley wrote a blog post about the Bionic issues that were raised. (03:44)
- On the old oggcast, Karen and Bradley discussed the Android/Linux system and Bionic specifically. (04:09)
- Karen mentioned an old oggcast where permissive vs. copyleft licensing was discussed. (06:19)
- Jake Edge wrote an LWN article that discussed Bionic (07:58)
- Bradley mentioned Raymond Nimmer's blog that started the debate (10:52)
- Bradley also mentioned Edward Naughton's blog post and paper on Bionic. (11:38)
- Raymond Nimmer is not David Nimmer, who is known for writings on copyright (18:10)
- There is now an disturbing group on identica, which is more disturbing than a tag about disturbing. (19:15)
- Joe Brockmeier did some research on Edward Naughton's ties to Microsoft. (20:05)
- Karen mentioned a paper on deep legal analysis of header files and on originality requirements in copyright (24:40)
Segment 2 (26:07)
- Karen wanted to clear up some confusion about the discussion last episode about the “Open Source” and “Free Software” terminology.