We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
13 September 2011
Bradley and Karen play a speech recording of Bradley's presentation at OSCON 2011, entitled 12 Years of FLOSS License Compliance: A Historical Perspective.
This show was released on Tuesday 13 September 2011; its running time is 00:57:19.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Bradley mentioned that time travel requires special verb tenses according to the Douglas Adams' book, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. (01:48)
- Bradley gave a keynote at Ohio Linux Fest 2011 (01:58)
Segment 1 (05:02)
- This segment is a recording of Bradley's OSCON 2011 talk, entitled 12 Years of Copyleft License Compliance: A Historical Perspective. The slides are available on Bradley's website so you can follow along during the talk if you like.
- There is a live denting identi.ca thread from Bradley's talk. (03:50)
- Bradley wrote a blog post about a minor GPL violation in the Emacs codebase. It has since been fixed.
- RMS mentioned the NeXT/Objective C GPL violation in his essay, Copyleft: Pragmatic Idealism.
Segment 2 (52:35)
- Bradley will be speaking at the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit 2011 and at LinuxCon Europe 2011. (55:05)