Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).
13 September 2011
Bradley and Karen play a speech recording of Bradley's presentation at OSCON 2011, entitled 12 Years of FLOSS License Compliance: A Historical Perspective.
This show was released on Tuesday 13 September 2011; its running time is 00:57:19.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Bradley mentioned that time travel requires special verb tenses according to the Douglas Adams' book, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. (01:48)
- Bradley gave a keynote at Ohio Linux Fest 2011 (01:58)
Segment 1 (05:02)
- This segment is a recording of Bradley's OSCON 2011 talk, entitled 12 Years of Copyleft License Compliance: A Historical Perspective. The slides are available on Bradley's website so you can follow along during the talk if you like.
- There is a live denting identi.ca thread from Bradley's talk. (03:50)
- Bradley wrote a blog post about a minor GPL violation in the Emacs codebase. It has since been fixed.
- RMS mentioned the NeXT/Objective C GPL violation in his essay, Copyleft: Pragmatic Idealism.
Segment 2 (52:35)
- Bradley will be speaking at the Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit 2011 and at LinuxCon Europe 2011. (55:05)