We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
28 September 2011
Karen and Bradley discuss the GNOME 3.2 release, Karen interviews Jos Poortvliet, Bradley complains about identi.ca web interface and they discuss together UEFI “secure” boot, and the PyPy Python 3 campaign.
This show was released on Wednesday 28 September 2011; its running time is 00:48:46.
Segment 0 (00:40)
Segment 1 (07:14)
- Karen interviewed Jos Poortvliet
Segment 2 (21:04)
- Bradley mentioned Shaun McCance's post to desktop-devel about response bias, which he posted on user survey thread. (25:04)
- Karen mentioned that GNOME 3.2 has been released with new features, such as better window resizing. (28:57)
- Bradley pointed out that gnats was one of the earliest Free Software bug tracking systems. (30:37)
Segment 3 (31:53)
- Bradley mentioned that he feels like the unfrozen caveman lawyer when trying to use identi.ca now. (32:54)
- Bradley mentioned Matthew Garrett's blog post about UEFI so-called “secure” booting. (37:36)
- PyPy is trying to raise funds to support Python 3 on PyPy. (41:20)