We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
18 December 2012
Karen and Bradley discuss RMS' essay on FSF's website, Ubuntu SpyWare: What To Do, and Shuttleworth's Slashdot interview that responds somewhat to RMS' comments.
This show was released on Tuesday 18 December 2012; its running time is 00:39:57.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Karen and Bradley discuss RMS' essay on FSF's website, Ubuntu SpyWare: What To Do (08:50)
- Bradley mentioned how Fab discovered (and discussed on Linux Outlaws 280) how a search for “ter” in efforts to find a terminal window in Ubuntu yields [slightly NSFW] gives results for Rachel Ter Horst DVDs. (09:44)
- Bradley mentioned his blog post about Nokia's problems interfacing with Free Software communities. (14:50)
- Bradley and Karen discuss Shuttleworth's Slashdot interview (18:25).
- Bradley and Karen also briefly mentioned Jono Bacon's comments about RMS's essay and Jono's apology. (19:30)
- Bradley mentioned Shuttleworth's comments during his LinuxCon 2011 keynote. (20:14)
- Bradley mentioned Douglas Rushkoff's article, Teach U.S. kids to write computer code (29:30)