Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).$2,383.26 of the $2,500 goal has been met.
(Progress updated monthly.)
18 December 2012
Karen and Bradley discuss RMS' essay on FSF's website, Ubuntu SpyWare: What To Do, and Shuttleworth's Slashdot interview that responds somewhat to RMS' comments.
This show was released on Tuesday 18 December 2012; its running time is 00:39:57.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Karen and Bradley discuss RMS' essay on FSF's website, Ubuntu SpyWare: What To Do (08:50)
- Bradley mentioned how Fab discovered (and discussed on Linux Outlaws 280) how a search for “ter” in efforts to find a terminal window in Ubuntu yields [slightly NSFW] gives results for Rachel Ter Horst DVDs. (09:44)
- Bradley mentioned his blog post about Nokia's problems interfacing with Free Software communities. (14:50)
- Bradley and Karen discuss Shuttleworth's Slashdot interview (18:25).
- Bradley and Karen also briefly mentioned Jono Bacon's comments about RMS's essay and Jono's apology. (19:30)
- Bradley mentioned Shuttleworth's comments during his LinuxCon 2011 keynote. (20:14)
- Bradley mentioned Douglas Rushkoff's article, Teach U.S. kids to write computer code (29:30)