We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
31 January 2012
Bradley and Karen discuss Jacob Appelbaum's talk at Linux Conf Australia 2012, as well as other conference talks.
This show was released on Tuesday 31 January 2012; its running time is 00:38:58.
Segment 0 (00:35)
- Bradley spoke at SCALE, but the talk was very similar to the talk given on 0x18. (07:15)
- Karen's talk at LCA was a longer version of the talk from 0x15 she gave at OSCON. Listeners should write in if they want Karen's longer talk to be a show (07:30).
- Bradley will try to record some of the talks from the Legal and Policy Issues DevRoom at FOSDEM 2012 (07:55)
- Bradley mentioned the
Red Dwarf episode, Legion where Rimmer says:
Thank you for listening. Oh, additional: sorry to take up your valuable time. Sorry. Thank you. Sorry. Bye. Bye. Sorry. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.(12:12)
- Bradley asked if the crickets in Australia sang Jump Around, since Karen said they jump around (15:45)
Segment 0 (18:51)
- Karen liked Jacob Appelbaum's keynote at Linux Conf Australia 2012 (19:20)
- Bradley mentioned Harald Welte's blog post about running his own email server (23:45)
- Bradley mentioned Ken Thompson's bug (34:03)