Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).
31 January 2012
Bradley and Karen discuss Jacob Appelbaum's talk at Linux Conf Australia 2012, as well as other conference talks.
This show was released on Tuesday 31 January 2012; its running time is 00:38:58.
Segment 0 (00:35)
- Bradley spoke at SCALE, but the talk was very similar to the talk given on 0x18. (07:15)
- Karen's talk at LCA was a longer version of the talk from 0x15 she gave at OSCON. Listeners should write in if they want Karen's longer talk to be a show (07:30).
- Bradley will try to record some of the talks from the Legal and Policy Issues DevRoom at FOSDEM 2012 (07:55)
- Bradley mentioned the
Red Dwarf episode, Legion where Rimmer says:
Thank you for listening. Oh, additional: sorry to take up your valuable time. Sorry. Thank you. Sorry. Bye. Bye. Sorry. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.(12:12)
- Bradley asked if the crickets in Australia sang Jump Around, since Karen said they jump around (15:45)
Segment 0 (18:51)
- Karen liked Jacob Appelbaum's keynote at Linux Conf Australia 2012 (19:20)
- Bradley mentioned Harald Welte's blog post about running his own email server (23:45)
- Bradley mentioned Ken Thompson's bug (34:03)