Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).$2,499.14 of the $2,500 goal has been met.
(Progress updated weekly.)
5 June 2012
This show was released on Tuesday 5 June 2012; its running time is 00:48:12.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Karen announced her pregnancy. (01:50)
- Bradley will be at OSCON, Karen might be, and Karen will be at GUADEC. Bradley will be at LinuxCon North America and LinuxCon Europe. (03:00)
Segment 1 (04:40)
- Deb Nicholson was previously on the show as Episode 0x25: FOSDEM 2012 Patents Panel. (06:00)
- Deb mentioned Linux System Definition, which is the OIN-published list of things that OIN members license their patents to each other on. (07:12)
- Deb and Bradley are debating Bradley's comment regarding Deb's points on the panel on 0x25. If you go back to listen to 0x25, the context for the comment they're debating starts around 38:00 in 0x25. (19:20)
- It's possible etymology of the verb “to harp” may indeed come from the musical instrument, not harpy. (31:00)
- Karen mentioned The Ada Initiative. (32:52)
Segment 2 (38:54)
Bradley and Karen talk about plans for upcoming shows.