We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
4 September 2013
Karen and Bradley listen to and discuss Jean-Baptiste Kempf's talk from FOSDEM 2013, entitled Relicensing libVLC and VLC modules from GPL to LGPL.
This show was released on Wednesday 4 September 2013; its running time is 01:25:43.
Segment 0 (00:00:28)
- The plural of hiatus appears to be hiatukset, but hiatuses is the proper English. (01:50)
- Bradley adopted two dogs from a shelter. They like kongs (02:30)
- Bradley's wife has a blog with pictures of their dogs. (04:30)
Segment 1 (00:05:52)
Jean-Baptiste Kempf slides are available for this talk.
Segment 2 (01:03:20)
- Bradley had written a a blog post about the VLC relicensing. (01:03:48)
- Bradley mentioned a an article in The Onion about pugs known health problems (01:15:47)
- Karen mentioned The Last GUADEC blog post.
Segment 3 (01:21:00)
Bradley and Karen discussed the release of the ExFAT Samsung source code.