We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
3 June 2014
Bradley and Karen discuss the talk, Legally Cementing Licences in Legislation: Two Law Merchant Models for Free Software Licences by Maureen O’Sullivan given at FOSDEM 2013 on Sunday 3 February 2013.
This show was released on Tuesday 3 June 2014; its running time is 01:06:41.
Segment 0 (00:00:37)
- Bradley mentioned the Planet money t-shirt story (03:04)
- Bradley mentioned he buys Union made sweat pants (04:42)
Segment 1 (00:06:48)
Bradley and Karen introduce the talk.
Segment 2 (00:07:20)
This segment is the talk, Legally Cementing Licences in Legislation: Two Law Merchant Models for Free Software Licences by Maureen O’Sullivan given at FOSDEM 2013 on Sunday 3 February 2013. You can follow along with the slides.
Segment 3 (00:50:55)
- Bradley mentioned a talk he gave on 2005-03-12 at UC Irvine to a workshop of academics meeting about the research area of Computing Communities. Bradley still has some email archives regarding this, but can't find any online link to the workshop (URLs in the emails are all dead) or a recording of his talk. (58:52).
- As Bradley mentioned, ESR self-identifies as a gun nut. (01:00:19)
- Bradley mentioned FaiF 0x3A, which had Gabriel Holloway's talk (01:03:27)