We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
27 May 2014
Bradley and Karen discuss the details, what to worry about, and what the usual duties are when serving on a Board of Directors for a USA non-profit. The discussion is primarily about 501(c)(3) organizations, but at the end they spend some time discussing 501(c)(6) organizations as well.
This show was released on Tuesday 27 May 2014; its running time is 01:02:56.
Segment 0 (00:00:44)
- An image of Alfie chewing on the antler (01:22)
- Karen is running for the GNOME Foundation Board of Directors. (05:15)
- Bradley once criticized the CNRI OPEN SOURCE LICENSE AGREEMENT (used for parts of Python), because it is governed by the laws of a place that doesn't exist. (06:48)
- Bradley mentioned a Planet Money episode that talked about it's “too easy” to incorporate in Delaware (23:50)
Segment 1 (00:32:25)
- Bradley and Karen discuss various additional things about being on a Board of Directors, including why and how you might be able to serve on one.
- Bradley and Karen discuss the requirements for getting on a 501(c)(6) Board like Linux Foundation (55:30)