Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).$2,455.48 of the $2,500 goal has been met.
(Progress updated weekly.)
2 August 2011
Karen and Bradley discuss Karen's OSCON keynote and her 2011 O'Reilly Open Source Award, as well as other happenings from OSCON.
This show was released on Tuesday 2 August 2011; its running time is 00:36:27.
Segment 0 (00:35)
- Bradley and Karen just returned from the 2011 O'Reilly Open Source Software Convention (OSCON). (00:45)
- Karen received one of the 2011 O'Reilly Open Source Awards. (Video of the award ceremony is online.) (03:05)
- Karen now has a blog called GNOMG. (05:03)
- Karen's wrote a blog post about winning the 2011 Open Source Award. (03:47)
- Karen now has a redirector to her blog via gnomg.org. (05:42)
- Listener Michael Dexter let Bradley stay at his house for part of the time of OSCON, and Bradley later shared a room with listener Richard Fontana. (06:40)
Segment 1 (10:22)
- Karen keynoted at OSCON, entitled Software Freedom: From my Heart to the Desktop. (10:22)
- Bradley had a live-denting thread of Karen's keynote at OSCON 2011.
- Karen's 2011 OSCON keynote is available YouTube. You can also hear the audio on the show itself, but if you prefer video, use the preceding link. If you watch instead of listen, just skip the audio in the oggcast up to Segment 2 below:
Segment 2 (24:49)
- Bradley mentioned conferences can be ephemeral on his blog about GUADEC 2010. (28:25)
- Bradley and Karen are about to go to the Desktop Summit. (29:15)
- Bradley, Michael Meeks and Mark Shuttleworth will be on a panel on copyright assignment moderated by Karen. (29:25)