Please donate now to send Producer Dan Lynch to a Free Software conference of his choice, where he can help us record interviews and otherwise participate in the Free Software conference community:
We seek to raise $2,500 to fund Dan's trip. Amounts raised beyond that benefit Software Freedom Conservancy (which is the non-profit where the show's hosts, Karen and Bradley, work).
14 August 2012
This show was released on Tuesday 14 August 2012; its running time is 00:39:53.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Bradley represents FSF on the GNOME Advisory Board. (02:20)
- Bradley points out it's very dangerous when you can buy voting rights of a 501(c)(3) by paying money, such as the structure of OSI. Karen notes that contribution-based membership works very well for GNOME. (03:50)
- Bradley is concerned about the future of OSI's license list now that votes in OSI are for sale. (04:30)
- Bradley received an O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2012. Bradley blogged an acceptance speech for the award. (08:50)
- The Python award and the Perl White Camel award is also given at OSCON. (12:35)
- Karen mentioned FLOSS Foundations, and asked if there was a meeting at OSCON. Bradley mentioned it had been primarily rolled into Jono Bacon's CLS conference. (15:10)
Segment 1 (17:56)
- Bradley wrote in a post about the GUADEC 2010 conference to note how welcoming the community was. Karen described GUADEC 2012 as very similar in nature. (21:25)
- Karen mentioned her husband Mike had a similar reaction to GUADEC 2012 that Bradley had to GUADEC 2010. (23:50)