We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
14 August 2012
This show was released on Tuesday 14 August 2012; its running time is 00:39:53.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Bradley represents FSF on the GNOME Advisory Board. (02:20)
- Bradley points out it's very dangerous when you can buy voting rights of a 501(c)(3) by paying money, such as the structure of OSI. Karen notes that contribution-based membership works very well for GNOME. (03:50)
- Bradley is concerned about the future of OSI's license list now that votes in OSI are for sale. (04:30)
- Bradley received an O'Reilly Open Source Award at OSCON 2012. Bradley blogged an acceptance speech for the award. (08:50)
- The Python award and the Perl White Camel award is also given at OSCON. (12:35)
- Karen mentioned FLOSS Foundations, and asked if there was a meeting at OSCON. Bradley mentioned it had been primarily rolled into Jono Bacon's CLS conference. (15:10)
Segment 1 (17:56)
- Bradley wrote in a post about the GUADEC 2010 conference to note how welcoming the community was. Karen described GUADEC 2012 as very similar in nature. (21:25)
- Karen mentioned her husband Mike had a similar reaction to GUADEC 2012 that Bradley had to GUADEC 2010. (23:50)