We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
18 August 2016
Bradley and Karen discuss the plan for restarting Free as in Freedom and plans for episodes to come.
This show was released on Thursday 18 August 2016; its running time is 00:26:59.
Segment 0 (00:36)
- Bradley said
in the before time — in the long long ago, which is a reference to the South Park parody of the ST:TOS episode, Miri (01:30)
- Bradley mentioned when Karen Sandler left the GNOME Foundation and took over Bradley's old job as Executive Director of Conservancy. (02:20)
- Karen mentioned that Bradley used to be Executive Director of the Free Software Foundation, a position now held by John Sullivan. (03:25)
- Dan blogged about his illness, details of scheduling surgery, which he occurred successfully. (10:28)
- Karen mentioned the Conservancy Supporter program discussed in detail on Episode 0x57. (12:40)
- Bradley mentioned the short lived Jon Masters Linux Kernel Mailing List Summary Podcast. (14:45)
- Karen and Bradley discussed Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles, and Bradley attempted to mention this version which he likes better. (17:36)
- Bradley mentioned Kantian Ethics (20:05)
- Bradley mentioned the Portlanda skit, Rent it Out from S04E02 (20:24)
- Karen mentioned WellDeserved: A Marketplace for Privilege (20:38)