We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
1 November 2016
Bradley and Karen discuss Conservancy's ContractPatch Initiative that will help Free Software developers negotiate their agreements with employers.
This show was released on Tuesday 1 November 2016; its running time is 00:50:29.
Segment 0 (00:38)
- Software Freedom Conservancy has two blog posts and a mailing list to discuss the Contract Patch initiative (02:40).
- Bradley searched for the NPR story he mentioned but just couldn't find it, but he did fine a similar one covering terms of service agreements (08:30)
- Karen mentioned the the Outreachy Project of Conservancy. (09:30)
- The Google Map API ToS states that you have to pay for it after a certain amount of usage (17:30)
- Bradley mentioned the book, What Color Is Your Parachute? (24:30)
- The “put it in writing” commercials from AT&T and MCI. (46:44)