We raised $2,515.72 toward Dan Lynch's trip to a conference to represent the show and record content! We'll be coordinated with Dan about what conference he wants to attend.
If you'd like to further support Free as in Freedom, please become a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy, the charity where Bradley and Karen work.
21 September 2016
Bradley and Karen discuss Conservancy's conference trips and presentations during the first half of 2016.
This show was released on Wednesday 21 September 2016; its running time is 00:53:28.
Segment 0 (00:38)
- Bradley attended and spoke at FOSDEM 2016 and LinuxConf Australia 2016 (03:10)
- Bradley and Karen co-coordinated the FOSDEM 2016 Legal and Policy Issues DevRoom (04:43)
- Tom Marble did an interview-format discussion with Richard M. Stallman at FOSDEM 2016 (04:55)
- Bradley gave two talks at FOSDEM 2016, Copyleft For the Next Decade: A Comprehensive Plan for the GPL and A Beautiful Build: Releasing Linux Source Correctly (06:40)
- Richard Fontana gave a talk at FOSDEM 2016 entitled Open source foundations: threat or menace? (08:15)
- The Doge
take on FOSDEM 2016 Legal and Policy Issues DevRoom was
Much politics. Many peoples.(11:00)
- There was a Conservancy Supporter event at the Novotel Grand Place in Brussels at FOSDEM 2016. (14:00)
- Bradley gave a talk at LCA 2016. (15:20)
- Karen gave the closing keynote at LibrePlanet 2016, entitled Companies, free software, and you . (16:54)
- Karen Sandler gave a talk at the Linux Foundation's Embedded Linux Conference 2016 entitled Tales of Enforcement (27:00)
- Karen gave a talk at at the Postgres Conference in New York. (34:26)
- Bradley and Karen were both on a panels at OSCON. (35:00)
- Bradley and Karen flipped burgers (vegan ones and otherwise) at the OSCON 2016 party. (39:30)
- Bradley gave a keynote at OSS 2016. (45:05)
- Bradley spoke at two user groups in Norway as well. He hasn't made the blog post he mentioned yet, but plans to. (45:50)
- Karen mentioned Episode 0x4A which discussed the OpenStack CLA debate. (50:50)